Tuesday, January 10, 2012

By way of introduction...

So I recently rediscovered a Bible app on my phone (after an update or something it decided to pop up and ask if I wanted to do some reading, so I said "sure!"

I then discovered that it'll actually follow a "read-through-the-Bible-in-a-year" program that it sets up, following a number of different schemes, and serve up the readings piping hot right to the phone, so I thought I'd try it out.

For shiggles, I decided I'd follow the "canonical" program, which goes through the Bible in the order that it is currently assembled (as opposed to thematically or historically, which were among the other options) so I've started at Genesis 1 and will carry on right through to the end of Revelation by next January.

Since this seems like something that'll prompt me to do daily reading, and because I have for some reason decided that between writing several articles a day for work and keeping up my other blog I need more writing to do on a daily basis, I figured I'd try to at least jot down some thoughts on each section of reading.

These sections are completely arbitrary, from what I understand, so it'll be interesting to see what I can think up or what hits me whilst in the middle of the doldrums of Deuteronomy or Chronicles, but we'll deal with that when we get there.

So that's what I'm doing. Feel free to tag along, check back from time to time, and please do post comments if you disagree/agree with what I'm saying, think I'm dumb (please don't think I'm dumb) or think I'm brilliant (come to think of it, you probably shouldn't do that either) or just to say hi.

Onwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment